A generic input device plugin for AUTODESK MotionBuilder 2010-2015 and the Kuper Control device from General Lift used for motion control of camera rigs and other equipment. KIStream reads data from up to 12 axis delivered in real-time from the Kuper control system via the serial port or ethernet UDP/TCP and makes this data available for further manipulation, recording/editing and live preview in AUTODESK MotionBuilder.
KIStream connects Kuper axes data delivered in real-time to AUTODESK MotionBuilder . Up to 12 axis values can be processed by the KIStream input device and are available as general-purpose floating point data in MotionBuilder. The operator can map the data to any translational or rotational animation channel of any model available in the scene. KIStream is designed to be ignorant of the meaning of the incoming axes data to ensure maximal flexibility on MotionBuilder as well as on the Kuper Control side. In MotionBuilder, for instance, general constraints can be used to let scene geometry, e.g. a cube or a virtual camera model, be driven by the incoming Kuper control data in real-time. The following screenshot illustrates how 6 Kuper axes can be mapped to translational and rotational animation channels of a cube geometry by using a few mouse clicks in MotionBuilder needed to set up an relation constraint:
- Available for MotionBuilder 2010-2013 32-Bit on MS Windows7/8
- Available for MotionBuilder 2011-2015 64-Bit on MS Windows 7/8
- Here is the KIStream Installer with an evaluation license valid until 31th of December, 2014 which shall not be used in production (1.7MB zip, e7d83ddb495a966dc9e3bc4e4a7b0ada md5-hash of installer). Contact us if the evaluation period of the published plugin has expired to upload a new plugin.
- Here is the Manual (pdf, 660k) with more details how the plugin can be used.
- Contact us for an offer for a production license after you have evaluated the plugin.
- Current Version 1.1.0 available since 2014-10-30
- 1.1.0: simulator supports different number of axes and preroll frames, increased robustness if device is used in Story modus, default model binding finalized, manual updated, evaluation license extended until December, 2014
- 1.0.5b: added default binding of axes data to dummy marker x-translation to support recording to models directly.
- 1.0.5a: Added support for preroll 'P' phase (record and display), added 120 frames of preroll simulation sequence at the beginning of the simulator data, increased robustness of parser and codebase, cleanup, removal of remaining model binding, update of manual, made demo operational until 31th of August, 2014
- 1.0.4: Added support for Mobu 2010/2011/2012/2013, new manual is available
- 1.0.3: Added support for read/write of device parameters in fbx, small layout improvments, size of current Kuper ASCII data line in number of bytes is shown in the data monitor as additional information, e.g. to optimize RS232-to-UDP/TCP converters
Known issues with current version
- Simulation parameter number of axes and preroll frames are not stored within fbx.
Roadmap Version 1.2
- Support for MotionBuilder 2016
Shall we add something else here ? Tell us !
You need a valid AUTODESK MotionBuilder 2010-2015 license installed under MS Windows 7/8 Prof. 64-Bit and access to a Kuper Control system to benefit from the plugin. However, you can always use a 30-days trial version of AUTODESK MotionBuilder and a demo license for KIStream to test the system before purchasing a license needed for production.Hits: 9799