A motion capture gateway for AUTODESK Maya 2010-2015 and Advanced RealtimeTracking's DTrack. It connects tracking data delivered in real-time from Advanced Realtime Tracking equipment to AUTODESK Maya to support full-body motion capture.
MayaDTrack is a stand-alone executable for Microsoft Windows XP Prof./ Windows 7/8/8,1 (32/64 Bit) which acts as a motion capture gateway server for AUTODESK Maya. It collects tracking data arriving at the local network port or read in from a local file and sends the tracking data to the corresponding device channels in AUTODESK Maya. The incomining tracking data can be mapped in Maya to animation channels of any geometry by hand or by using a small MEL or PYTHON script.
- Available for MAYA 2010-2015 32-Bit on MS Windows7/8
Available from Advanced Realtime Tracking GmbH .
Current Version: V1.1 tested with Maya 2014 and Maya 2015 64-bit under Windows 7 64-Bit Prof./ Windows 8.1 64-bit Prof. Works as intended.
- The current version supports only 60 3DoF targets (markers), 20 6DoF targets (bodies), 2 Flysticks and 4 Mesurement tools.
- It is recommend to use the 64-Bit versions of MayaDTrack when working with Maya 64-bit to avoid buggy hand-shake between MayaDTRACK and Maya.
- The Device Editor mentioned in the manual has been removed from AUTODESK MAYA with the release of the 2011-version. Sorry for this inconvinience. The plugin should, nevertheless, work as intended.
Please send us bug reports and requests for new features and improvements via email to mayadtrack<remove_this_please>@ecke<removeaswell>svision.com.
- Support for AUTODESK MAYA 2016 !
- Support for fingertracking ?
- Support for the ART-HUMAN skeleton ?
The picture above illustrates how 6-DoF targets of ART corresponding to various body markers are visualized in Maya as boxes.